If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be accepting resumes until May 23, 2014.
Description: Jersey City Council Aide – POSITION OPEN
Job Purpose: Maintain Jersey City Ward E resident satisfaction by helping people navigate city government and receive timely support and communication from the Ward E Council Office. Because this is only funded as a part-time job, to execute it well the aide must employ creative thinking and possess the ability to build a team of interns and/or volunteers to help carry out the day to day work. This position is ideal for those with a flexible schedule.
- Build an intern/volunteer team to staff the council office by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling interns/volunteers; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Determines resident service requirements by maintaining contact with residents; visiting constituent groups; conducting surveys; forming focus groups; benchmarking best practices; analyzing information.
- Maintain a service-level-agreement (SLA) with residents, ensuring that all residents receive an initial response to their inquiry within 48 hours and that there is a weekly follow up with the resident until the issue is resolved.
- Ensure that all issues and requests are documented and categorized electronically, both for follow up and for trend analysis.
- Provide a quarterly update of suggested improvements to the city and/or city processes.
- Build effective working relationships with staff in various city departments.
- Maintain Ward E Councilwoman’s event and meeting calendar.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Skills: Customer Service, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Staffing, Planning, Analyzing Information, Developing Standards, Emphasizing Excellence
Required qualifications: Must not currently have any other government (local, county, state or federal) employment, High school graduate
Desired qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, Jersey City resident, previous experience as an aide at a local, county, state or federal level,
Compensation: In accordance with NJ law, this position is set to receive health benefits and $15,000/year compensation.